If you ever want a good laugh and a good workout at the same time, you should try going to an aerobics class taught in another language. It's pretty much hilarious.
Some of the other international students and I decided to check out the aerobic classes this week. We went on Tuesday and got there too late to get a step...so we did step aerobics...without a step. Tonight we got there in advance to get a step...but it wasn't a step night, it was weight night. However, when they announced this, we didn't understand and by the time we got it...all the weights had been snatched up. Although, we may have been fortunate, in light of the woman who leads this class.
She's hysterical. She's this tiny woman with curly hair that goes everywhere who is constantly moving at a frighteningly quick and energetic pace, with her voice echoing loudly over the crazy techno music that is blasting throughout the room. Amazingly enough I would be able to understand her just fine, were she not speaking French. Although, I think by the end of the semester I'll have learned how to count to at least 7 or 8 in French because she puts us in major pain doing various stretches and moves as she counts them out, 1, 2, 3, 4...Ow, ow, ow, ow.
It's basically hilarious to watch all of us American girls in the back attempting 1) to keep up with her and the other girls as we're out of shape and 2) to watch as we get behind or ahead or stop too soon or late on the various moves because when she does give warning that she's going to stop and change moves (which is not always) she says them in French, and we all just stumble and laugh. We're totally those kids in the back of the room that everyone sort of looks at and shakes their heads. It's a good time.
So that's my funny experience for the week.
In other exciting news. I've officially booked my plane tickets for Spring Break during which I will get to visit my friends Libbi and Claire in Cambridge/London for three days, and do brief stints in Cairo and Paris with some friends from here! I'm so excited! Although, i may not be after 8 flights on various discount airlines...but hey, that's why being a traveling student is so fun and so cheap!
I also have fun travels coming up in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned in!
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you know, m´co could be mEXIco too! que padre!
aerobics sounds fab. maybe i´ll try that out myself...
hey sounds like you're having some fun up there! hope all is well
That's absolutely hilarious! I'm going to a contemporary dance class tonight - let's hope it's taught in English rather than Afrikaans! You never know here...
Glad you're enjoying Morocco. We'll have to talk/chat on Skype sometime and share our adventures!
Post a Comment