Saturday, April 21, 2007

April in Indiana...I mean Morocco

So, it's been a while since my last post...

The past two weeks have been largely like April back home. I've finished two 10+ papers (on How International Law affects Truth Commissions and the Effect of Globalization on Sub-Saharan Africa, if you care), a position paper for a UN Conference Simulation on how to deal with the current Iraq Crisis, a draft of my final Arabic presentation, and rushed around getting my homework done. Additionally, it has seemed very familiar as every day it seems we wake up to more rain and fog...one aspect of Val-pour-rain-and-snow that I was hoping to leave behind for a spring.

Not a whole lot else to report...I made one last trip to Fez last weekend which was enjoyable. It's a very cool city. And now looking at 3.5 more weeks here in Morocco...I'm looking forward to being home but also thankful for the last couple weeks here and the experiences they hold. Although, I could do without the 3 more papers, Arabic presentation, regular homework, and 3 finals...

My thoughts are with all the students and faculty at Virginia Tech and the families and friends of those killed on Monday...

No comments: